Calm Mind Mini Course
Welcome to Part 2 of the Calm Mind Mini Course!
Moving from our mind into our heart can help us to connect to our inner knowing and to make choices that resonate with our higher self.
Cultivating the practice of gratitude nourishes the heart in a very unique way. It brings you into the present moment, it lets the Universe know that you acknowledge and appreciate everything you already have. As Oprah says
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never ever have enough.”
I personally had a pivotal moment in my own healing process, recognising the power of gratitude and establishing it as a daily practice. Here's an excerpt from my book ‘Reclaiming the Wounded Soul’
"The first thing I do when I wake up is place my hands on my heart and feel the energy of gratitude as I mentally name at least three things that I‘m so grateful for in my life. Naming them helps to frame that moment, allowing it to give rise to the feeling of happiness, which, in turn, produces lots of positive energy.”
The practice of gratitude has been scientifically proven to have many benefits. Feelings of gratitude flood our brains with dopamine, which in turn help to regulate emotional responses. In other words, we feel calmer and less likely to react in anger.
Some of the Health Benefits of practicing Gratitude:
- Relieves Stress
- Reduces Anxiety
- Improves Sleep
- Increases Energy
- Boosts feelings of Joy and Happiness
Suggestions for practicing Gratitude:
- Start your day feeling grateful for your breath – use it to bring calm to the mind through meditation
- Keep a daily journal – at the end of every day write down at least 3 things that you feel really thankful for.
- Write a list of 10 things that you love in your life and read it out loud every morning and night.
- Set a timer for every hour – take note in that moment and feel grateful (even if your experiencing something challenging – remember challenges are what help us to grow).
The following meditation will help you connect to your Heart Centre and invoke feelings of Gratitude. You can practice this daily or whenever your mind is racing and you need to feel calm.
In Part 3 we'll be deepening our Heart connection.